We can cater for a wide range of weddings – from an intimate civil ceremony and reception for 30 guests to a large evening celebration for 350 in our magnificent State Rooms.
We offer the very highest levels of professional service and, because we only operate on an exclusive-use basis, you will feel very much at home in these beautiful surroundings. We have built our excellent reputation through a flexible, responsive and enthusiastic approach to weddings over the past 25 years and our guests always comment on how friendly they find our staff.
- Dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator
- When you book your wedding at Harlaxton Manor, we will assign you a dedicated wedding co-ordinator to ensure that your day runs seamlessly and according to plan. Your co-ordinator will provide the personal touch and liaise with you before, during and after your wedding to ensure you enjoy a stress-free day.
- Despite its spectacular rural setting, Harlaxton Manor is only 5 minutes from the A1 by car, 38 miles from East Midlands Airport and a little over an hour by train from London’s Kings Cross. The Manor is located close to the historic market town of Grantham in Lincolnshire. Grantham boasts a wide variety of good quality hotels, guest houses and B&Bs to suit every guest’s budget. Ample onsite parking is provided free of charge at the Manor.
- Food and Wine
- Great food is an essential part of any wedding. We are very proud of the exceptionally high standard and wide variety of our wedding breakfast menus that are designed to cater for a range of tastes. We can offer sumptuous canapés to accompany your reception drinks and mouth-watering buffets for evening parties that are ideal as a supplement to the main meal, particularly if you plan to invite additional evening guests. The best fresh, local produce is used wherever possible and our wine list has been carefully selected to offer good quality, easy-drinking wines at refreshingly sensible prices.
- Civil Wedding and Partnership Ceremonies
- The chapel-like Great Hall is licensed for up to 120 guests for civil wedding and partnership ceremonies. It is a remarkable and impressive setting for your ceremony or renewal of vows. The Gold Room is also licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 60 people.
- The Rooms
- The State Rooms
All of the formal State Rooms used for weddings at Harlaxton Manor flow together beautifully and each room provides an elaborate backdrop for your wedding photography.
The Great Hall
With its ornate oak panelling, magnificent crystal chandelier and Italian marble flooring, the Great Hall is a stunning space for civil wedding ceremonies for up to 120 guests or evening receptions for up to 350. The Great Hall conveniently connects to the magnificent State Dining Room bar area through a secret passageway – always a talking point for guests. Above the ornate stone doorway is the Minstrel Gallery, which is an ideal vantage point for group photos. For December weddings, roaring log fires and a huge decorated Christmas tree look romantic and seasonal in the Great Hall.
The Gold Room
This elaborately decorated room, reminiscent of a grand French Chateau, is a perfect, romantic setting for the serving of reception drinks and canapés. The room is also licensed for a maximum of 60 guests and flows beautifully through to our Conservatory.
Harlaxton Manor’s extensive Conservatory is the largest in the East Midlands and provides a magnificent indoor/outdoor space, even if the British weather isn’t favourable. A great backdrop for group photos and a lovely candlelit space to escape to in the evening. The Conservatory flows out onto the Manor’s manicured lawns, ideal for croquet, and the extensive gardens beyond.
The Long Gallery
With its floor to ceiling panelling, handsome portraits and stunning views of the grounds, the Long Gallery can comfortably seat 120 guests for a formal wedding breakfast.
The State Dining Room
The State Dining Room, with far-reaching views over the picturesque Vale of Belvoir, boasts one of the Manor’s most elaborate Italian plasterwork ceilings, oak panelling and a huge marble fireplace. It’s a popular room with guests as it’s where we have the bar.
The Bridal Suite
Harlaxton Manor offers the bridal couple a complimentary suite on the night of their wedding. Suitably grand, the room is elaborately decorated with cherubs, marble fireplaces and an expansive en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath. The views over the gardens from the Bridal Suite are exquisite.
You will find tranquillity, splendour and complete exclusivity at Harlaxton Manor and, whatever you are planning, we will enjoy the challenge of exceeding your expectations.
- 2020 Hire Charges (for sole use of our State Rooms)
- January to March – £5,000.00
April to December – £6,500.00
In addition to exclusive use of our State Rooms, the hire charge includes all table linens; enjoyment of our extensive gardens; use of our large Conservatory; the use of our cake stand and knife; and a changing/overnight room for the bride and groom. We are happy to discuss any additional requirements you may have and are pleased to recommend local florists, photographers and other suppliers.
We have two rooms that are licensed to hold a Civil Wedding Ceremony at an additional charge: the Great Hall, which can accommodate up to 120 guests at £825.00; or the Gold Room, which can accommodate up to 60 guests at £725.00